Bok Choy stir fry
- Yield : 1 large serving
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Bok Choy stir fry
This is a simple Bok Choy stir fry that goes as a great side long with Thai and Vietnamese dishes. I cooked this with the first batch of young Bok Choy from our greenhouse. Simple, fresh, healthy and delicious.
- 3-4 young Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 inches of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
Bok Choy - Start by trimming the stem off - don't trim too much - just the end. Cutting the thick stem off will ensure that the bok choy cooks evenly. Separate out the leaves, keep the tender center intact and clean under running water. Drain. Finely mince the garlic and ginger.
Place wok or frying pan on your stove and pour in the cooking oil. Add the garlic and ginger. Turn the heat to medium-high. Let the ginger and garlic gently sizzle in the oil. When the aromatics become fragrant and light golden brown, add the bok choy leaves. Toss very well to coat each leaf with the garlicky, gingery oil for 15 seconds. Pour in the rice wine. Stir fry and and let cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and drizzle a bit of sesame oil on top.
1. You can experiment with other veggies like peppers, babycorn, broccoli or mushrooms as the veggies in this stir fry.
2.Have all the ingredients chopped ready in a plate.Stir fry dishes get ready in less than 5 minutes.
3.Cook on high heat. Keep heat constant. Constantly stir to use the heat across the pan.
4.Use stock in case it starts to get dry. Do not use oil as a replacement.
5.A dash of sesame oil in the end can add to the flavour.
6.A mixture of 1 teaspoon oyster sauce and half a tea spoon of light soy sauce is great as a standard seasoning in most stir fries.
7.Vegetables and meat have their own unique taste and flavour. As a rule, check the taste and then add the seasoning of sauces (fish sauce / sugar / palm sugar / oyster sauce / soy sauce).
1. Use whole coriander leaves. Do not chop them up.
2. Basil – Use only whole leaves. Do not chop or crush.
3. Use thinly sliced young spring onions for dressing.You can use regular spring onions by slicing then down the middle four ways and then chop in to one inch pieces.