- Yield : 1 bowl
- Servings : 2-4 people
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
A very elegant and flavourful Broccoli pate that can be used as a dip or spread onto fresh toast to make a vegetarian Tapas.
- 1 head of brocolli
- 1 spring onion, white+light green parts finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard crushed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1/3rd cup of Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 rd cup of extra virgin olive oil as extra on top
- salt + pepper
Boil the broccoli florets till they are just cooked. Alternately roast them after coating with half the mustard and salt and pepper. Lightly pan roast the spring onions on olive oil till they just start wilting.
Transfer the broccoli to a food processor. Pulse the mixture until the broccoli is finely chopped. To the food processor, add the mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Pulse until everything is combined. With the motor running, drizzle the olive oil in through the feed tube. Continue to run the motor until you have a smooth, lightly chunky paste. Remove the bowl from the food processor and check the mixture for seasoning and adjust.
Serve warm on toasted bread with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
1. You can also try roasting the broccoli florets after coating them with crushed fresh mustard, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
2. If you are looking for a deep green color for the pate then use only the florets for the recipe and very little of stems.
4. Spaghetti cut into small pieces and pan fried till they are light brown, can be used as dressing the pate.