- Yield : 2 plates
- Servings : 2 people
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Delicious spicy Cajun rice that is a meal on its own without any salads or chutneys. It has a unique flavor of its own and the frankfurters make this rice a delicious meal. It is very easy to make.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 small green capsicum, halved and deseeded
- 6 Baby corn, chopped
- 2tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 spring onions with the whites
- 6-8 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 4 Frankfurters Classics, chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1-2tbsp Cajun spice rub
- 1 Green pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- Chicken stock
- Handful of parsley leaves finely chopped
- I tablespoon of finely chopped parsley stalks
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook rice with twice the amount of water. Set aside to cool. You can use chicken stock instead of water to cook the rice in.
Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a pan and fry the frankfurters for a few minutes. Add half the cajun spice and mix well and continue to fry till the sausages are cooked. Be careful not to burn the cajun spice. Once nearly done, pour some of the stock in the pan to get the spice out of the pan to stick to the sausages. Set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and fry the onion, garlic, parsley stalks till the onions are soft. Add the baby corn along with the tomatoes and stock to the frying pan. Add the remaining Cajun spices and stir until mixed in. Cook for a few minutes, stirring until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Mix in the rice, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and dress with the chopped parsley before serving.
Herta Hot Dog recipes
1. You can adjust the spice by reducing or increasing the chili in the Cajun spice.
2. This rice can also be made by replacing the frankfurters with slices of chicken breast. It tastes equally great.