Cajun spice chicken on spicy tomato sauce
- Cuisine: Continental
- Course: Mains
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Recipe Type: Main Meals, Meats & Sea Food
- Yield : 2-plates
- Servings : 2 people
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Cajun Spice Chicken on spicy tomato sauce
Grilled chicken with a Cajun spice rub on a bed of Spicy Tomato Sauce can make for a fresh and quick meal any time. A variety of vegetables can be used on the side like Vichy Carrots along with fresh salad with a Basil Olive oil dressing.
- 2 breasts of chicken, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cajun Spice rub
Rub the Cajun Spice rub on the chicken and set aside. Add a little salt to taste.
Heat up a griddle pan and sprinkle some oil on it. Set on medium heat and spread the breast pieces over the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side till they are nice and brown on both sides. Baste the chicken with the remaining rub as you cook.
Take the chicken out and leave to rest before serving.
Apron Cooking Guides
1. The chicken breast, halved length wise is a very useful cut as it cooks quickly and plates easily .
2. The marinade for the chicken can be varied as your cuisine of choice. Even a simple salt, pepper and some spices crushed together works great as a marinade for the chicken.
3. I have used a grill pan to cook this. A covered barbecue can also be used. By all means use it if you have the time to set one up.