- Cuisine: Thai
- Course: Starters
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Recipe Type: Meats & Sea Food, Salads & Starters
- Yield : 4 skewers
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Classic chicken satay is a global favorite and actually quite easy to make to go along with a Peanut dip.
- 1 breast Chicken
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tea spoon soy sauce
- 1 tea spoon palm sugar / sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Quarter cup coconut milk
Cut the chicken breast sideways in half and then chop up into small pieces by moving the blade of the knife sideways and across the chicken breast. Put 6-8 pieces on a small sized wooden or metal skewer by packing the pieces close to each other.
Warm up a flat pan with no edges and spread the oil over the pan. Place the satay skewers on the pan and brush with coconut milk. The oil is released from the milk and you can spread it around by moving the skewers. Turn the skewers around for a few times till all sides are brown. This should not take more than 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Do not over cook as the chick will become dry and stringy.
Serve with peanut dip.
Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy
1. The chicken can also be sliced in long strips with the skewer going right through it.
2. A barbecue is recommended. You can use one by all means if you have the time to set one up.