Green beans stir fry
- Yield : 1 large serving
- Servings : 2 single portions
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Green beans stir fry
This is a simple green beans stir fry that goes as a great side along with Thai and Vietnamese dishes. I cooked this with the first batch of young green beans from our greenhouse. Simple, fresh, healthy and delicious. It is now a regular favorite in the house.
- 300g french beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. mix of butter and sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
Blanch the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in ice cold water ( to stop it from cooking further). Mix the soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar in a bowl and mix together.Stir until cooled and sugar is dissolved.
Roast a cup full of peanuts and crush them lightly after they have cooled down.
Add the butter + oil mix to a hot pan. It will smoke immediately. Chuck in the beans and give it a good shake. Add the vinegar + sugar mix to coat the beans on all sides. Place a heavy frying pan or wok over medium heat and add a dash of oil. Add the garlic and cook for a minute until golden. Toss in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to blister slightly on the outside.
Deseed the chilies and thinly slice them. Mix with the ground peanuts and sprinkle on top of the beans. Give the mixture a good stir and serve hot.
1. You can experiment with other veggies like peppers, babycorn, broccoli or mushrooms as the veggies in this stir fry.
2.Have all the ingredients chopped ready in a plate.Stir fry dishes get ready in less than 5 minutes.
3.Cook on high heat. Keep heat constant. Constantly stir to use the heat across the pan.
1. Use whole coriander leaves. Do not chop them up.
2. Basil – Use only whole leaves. Do not chop or crush.
3. Use thinly sliced young spring onions for dressing.You can use regular spring onions by slicing then down the middle four ways and then chop in to one inch pieces.