- Yield : 2 bowls
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
The mushroom tomatoes is a quick Tapas dish that can be served as a side or on toasted bread with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 packet of same sized button mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 table spoons of olive oil
- 2 table spoons of chopped Parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes coarsely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to dress
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
Chop up mushrooms in slices. Chop up onions and tomatoes in small pieces.
Preheat the pan over medium low heat then add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and cook slowly until tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
Add more oil if necessary and add mushrooms. Do not raise the heat. Cook an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and continue to cook until soft, 10-15 minutes. Put in the white wine vinegar and parsley in the end and cook for a minute. Serve warm.
1. As a variation you may chop up the mushroom in fours(bite sized pieces).
2. An interesting alternative is to chop the garlic in slivers and roast.