- Yield : 1 large serving
- Servings : 4-6 people
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Classic peanut dip made with Thai curry paste is an essential accompaniment with chicken satay and other meats / salads. Works great as a tapas on pita bread slices too.
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon Massaman curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons of tamarind pulp
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar/Palm sugar/Jaggery
- 150 grams ground roasted peanuts
- Quarter cup coconut cream
- Quarter cup coconut milk
Heat the oil in a deep pan to medium heat. Stir in the Massaman curry paste and red curry paste in the oil until fragrant.
Add the coconut cream to the mix, stir and continue to heat until the fat separates (you will see the oil floating on the top).
Add the sugar, fish sauce and tamarind pulp. Stir for a minute. Add the coconut milk and peanuts.
Stir on low heat and reduce the sauce to a nice thick texture mix. Serve with Chicken satay.
Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy
1. You can experiment with adding more red curry paste or finely crushed bird’s eye chillies if you desire to make the peanut dip spicy.