- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 20m
This shepherd salad is really simple and easy to make. You can use a variety of peppers and other crunchy vegetables in this salad.
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 leek onion
- quarter cup parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint leaves
- 2 teaspoon ground sumac
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Pomegranate (optional)
Halve the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Coarsely chop them.
Peel the cucumber and de-seed them. Coarsely chop them
Halve the green peppers and remove the seeds. Coarsely chop them.
Chop up the onions and parsley and mix all the ingredients together. Add salt to taste. Cover the bowl and leave aside for at least 30 minutes.
Serve in a bowl or on salad leaves. Sprinkle the parsley and olive oil on each serving.
Sultan’s Kitchen – A Turkish Cookbook by Ozcan Ozan
1. The vegetables can be chopped in different ways. I prefer to chop them in a zig-zag to create different shaped bite sized pieces.
2. This is called as Coban Salatasi in Turkish.